- The Australian Government has introduced a new visa scheme to encourage foreign investment into Australia – the Significant Investor Visa Scheme (“Visa”).
- The Visa offers the freedom to work in and travel to and from Australia without limitation.
- The Visa will have an initial term of 4 years with two possible extensions of 2 years each. Immediate family/dependent relatives will also have full work and study rights.
- The temporary visa is a pathway to permanent residency, as the Visa-holder will be eligible to apply for permanent resident status after 4 years.
The Apac SIV Secured Income Fund has been specifically designed for SIV investors to meet the following objectives
- Comply with SIV investment requirements – The Fund is offered by an ASIC licensed manager and invests in assets which comply with the SIV investment requirements.
- Provide capital stability– The Fund provides for investment in commercial loans, secured by a mortgage over real property assets. The level of an investor’s risk appetite can be matched to investment options offered.
- Deliver returns in excess of the Australian Government Bond yield over a rolling 3 year period– The Fund will seek to provide consistent monthly income returns mainly generated from interest payment received from the commercial loans held by the Fund.
An alternative to property related investment options which typically have a higher risk profile, and for investors with a more conservative investment requirement.
The Fund aims to deliver returns greater than cash investments and government bonds.
How to apply
You may wish to utilise the services of a registered Australian migration agent.
Apac can offer an end to end Significant Investor Visa service through its preferred migration service partners in providing local expert migration services in your country of origin.
Apac’s preferred partners can also assist you and your family in providing the following services:
- Re-location services
- Concierge services
- Financial planning and wealth management advice
- Taxation, accounting and investment structuring advice
- Insurance advice (including health insurance)
- Australian legal services
- Buyer advocacy services for new home purchase or property investment purposes
Lodging an application for the Australian Government’s SIV program involves a number of steps including submitting an Expression of Interest form and applying for a state nomination.
Once these steps are completed, applying for an investment in the Fund is simple.
Request a declaration in relation to managed funds (Form 1413) from Apac and complete and submit an application form for the Fund. These forms are available by contacting us.
Investment options available
The Fund offers investors the opportunity to invest in commercial loan mortgages over real property located across Australia through the choice of two (2) different investment options:
- Select loans.
- Managed loans.
Select loans option in detail
- Aims to provide a consistent and regular income return primarily from commercial loans backed by a first or second mortgage over a borrower’s property.
- Able to select particular loans which have been pre-qualified by us. All the loans are reviewed, selected, and managed by Apac.
- Typically pays distributions on a monthly or quarterly basis (depending on the loan selected) and paid in Australian Dollars.
- Each loan investment provides different returns, terms, and risk. We provide you with detailed loan and credit information to help you decide which investment best suit your needs.
- Alternatively, you can also authorise us to select a loan to invest in on your behalf.
- There is no obligation to invest in a loan immediately, although you must have funds invested in the Funds Cash Management Account before you can invest in a loan.
Managed loans option in detail
- Aims to provide a regular income return primarily from a diversified portfolio of commercial loans backed by a first mortgage, together with capital stability.
- Offers a variable rate of return from a pool of loans secured by mortgages chosen and managed by Apac.
- Aims to provide an income return of 2% pa above the 12 month Government Bond Yield over a rolling 3 year period.
- Distributions paid on a monthly basis.
- You do not need to make an assessment of the individual loans.
- This Option primarily invests in a portfolio of commercial loans secured by registered first mortgages over retail, commercial, investment residential and industrial Australian property.
- We will seek to diversify the loan portfolio at a number of levels, including:
- number and size of loans.
- loan security sector (eg. commercial, industrial, retail).
- geographic location.
Features & benefits
- Security – Mortgage security over real property for the loan invested in.
- Lending criteria – Disciplined lending criteria to reduce the risk of capital losses and income volatility.
- Skills and experience – Access to Apac’s property and debt management investment expertise.
- Reporting– Regular investment statements and an annual tax statement to keep you up-to-date on your investment.
- Control – Investors can self-select their own loan to invest in or can authorise us to do this.
- Term certainty – Fixed term agreed at the start of a loan investment.
- Regular fixed income – Paid monthly or quarterly out of interest paid by borrowers.
- Choice– Exposure to a broad range of loans available.
- Information– detailed information on each loan available for investment.
- Regular income –monthly income distributions.
- Low volatility –conservative lending policy generally limited to a 70% loan to valuation ratio.
- Diversification –access to a portfolio diversified by geographic location, sector, type, loan size, interest rate and maturity profile. Investing in a broad range of mortgages spreads exposure and decreases risk.
- Access to capital –ability to make a withdrawal every 12 months.